This position has been filled as of 3/23/2017
Part time Shelter Worker
Position 1: PART TIME 20 hours per week
APPLICANT MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE AND RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, AS WELL AS PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Shelter Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning enclosure and maintaining the overall cleanliness of the adoption center
- Providing direct care and maintenance to all animals, including feeding, care, welfare, and health
- Providing general information and support to the public on the phone and in person
- Greeting customers as they enter the facility and directing them to appropriate areas
- Effectively explaining procedures and protocols
- Successfully working with and training volunteers
- Screening adoption applicants
- Processing adoption paperwork
Schedule will include weekdays and weekends.
The Shelter Assistant must:
- Maintain a professional appearance and positive attitude and uphold the principles and beliefs of the organization at all times
- Work well with others and foster teamwork at all times
- Focus on solving conflicts
- Maintain confidentiality
- Listen to customers without interruption
- Keep emotions under control
- Write clearly and informatively
- Read and interpret standard operating procedures and protocols
- Suggest procedure and protocol improvements as needed
- Attend monthly Shelter Committee Meetings
- Follow instructions
- Respond to management direction
- Take responsibility for own actions
- Observe safety and security procedures
- Use equipment and materials properly.
Basic computer skills are a must as this position requires Shelter Assistant to perform computer data entry on a daily basis. In addition, candidates must have a friendly, welcoming demeanor and truly enjoy working with the public.
Candidates must have a High School diploma; valid driver’s license; access to reliable transportation; six to nine months of excellent customer service experience is also recommended.
Candidates must be
- Good with animals,
- Able to perform professionally in a pressure-filled environment
- Feed and water animals according to schedules and established protocol
- Clean and disinfect furniture, cages, facility and yard areas
- Observe animals for signs of illness and advise proper personnel accordingly
- Prepare animals for veterinarian visits
- Bathe/clean animals in accordance with established guidelines
- Complete laundry and dish washing timely and effectively
- Candidates must be dependable and flexible pertaining to the work schedule.